Monday, October 21, 2013

Principal Jensen


Jefferson Elementary has a new principal this year!  We asked Principal Eric Jensen to tell us a little bit about himself.  ENJOY:
This is my 7th year as a school principal and 12th year in education.  I was the principal at Roberts Elementary for two years and Midway Elementary for the past 4 years.  I have also had the opportunity to be the district director for two federal programs.  Before I took a principal job in Jefferson School District, I taught 1st grade and 2nd grade on the other side of the state, in Fruitland.
My father was in the Air Force for most of my youth, so I have been able to live in Oregon, Germany, Washington, Oklahoma, Turkey, and California.  While growing up I was able to experience a wide range of ways of life. I spent 4 years helping my father and grandpa run 3 farms and a dairy, lived in some of the poorest areas in the world, and even attended a high school with over 4000 students.
I have been married to Crystal Hanson, from Menan, for about a year and a half.  Our blended family has six children.  They range from two 13 year old daughters to my 5 year old son, who is actually in Kindergarten at Jefferson Elementary.  Like most parents, between football, volleyball, soccer, basketball, and swimming we stay pretty busy.
I love fishing, soccer, and riding my motorcycle.
I am truly excited to be the principal at Jefferson Elementary.  Kindergarten through 2nd grade is my favorite age group to work with.  Their excitement for new things and energy level is contagious.  I see Jefferson Elementary becoming an example, throughout the state, for what an education is suppose to be.  Over the next few years I hope to help Jefferson Elementary become a more project based learning environment. Students will be able to learn the Idaho Core Standards through lessons that incorporate things like science experiments, cooking, fine arts, gardening, technology, and maybe even architecture.  The possibilities for truly enriched and engaged learning are only limited by us, as parents and educators.

No comments:

Post a Comment